This is for You- poem by Leonard Cohen




To My Dear and Loving Husband A poem recited with love byKen Middleton from the United-KingdomThe poem is by Leonard Cohen'This Is For You' from Selected Poems 1956-1968This is for youit is my full heartit is the book I meant to read youwhen we were oldNow I am a shadowI am restless as an empireYou are the womanwho released meI saw you watching the moonyou did not hesitateto love me with itI saw you honouring the windflowerscaught in the rocksyou loved me with themOn the smooth sandbetween pebbles & shorelineyou welcomed me into the circlemore than a guestAll this happenedin the truth of timein the truth of fleshI saw you with a childyou brought me to his perfumeand his visionswithout demand of bloodOn so many wooden tablesadorned with food and candlesa thousand sacramentswhich you carried in your basketI visited my clayI visited my birthuntil I became small enoughand frightened enoughto be born againI wanted you for your beautyyou gave me more than yourselfyou shared your beautythis I only learned tonightas I recall the mirrorsyou walked away fromafter you had given themwhatever they claimedfor my initiationNow I am a shadowI long for the boundariesof my wanderingand I movewith the energy of your prayerand I movein the direction of your prayerfor you are kneelinglike a bouquetin a cave of bonebehind my foreheadand I move toward a LOVEyou have dreamed for me.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Bailando bajo la lluvia.Cuento sobre la actitud resiliente

Monólogo campesino

Y la vida comienza una vez más...